Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day Twenty Two and Twenty Three

Day Twenty Two

I did 30 minutes of stretching on the mat, and took the rest of the day off. Got to love the taper!

Day Twenty Three

20 minutes of stretching in the morning and a light brick that afternoon. It was a high intensity brick at 20 minutes on the bike and 15 minutes on the run. The cyclist that were on the Bike Loop at 6:30 are PRICKS! I stopped ridding after being cut off for the fifth time, and I mean flying out of the aero bars to lock up the brakes. What jerks! It was not work getting injured before CapTex, so the Team left the track.

The run went smooth. I hit my race pace and then dropped a bit lower. It was a great exercise of pushing your body before a race. Your body feels sluggish during the taper, but these high intensity work-outs balance your perception of laziness.

No comments: