Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day Twenty One

I placed 2nd at the Silverlake Sprint Triathlon with a time of 53:53.

It was a nice race course and great practice for CapTex. The swim was quick as any 400 meter sprint, in which I exited the water first my division. T1 was smooth, but I still need improvement. The bike course had a few too many turn, although it did have it share of long straight shots. I placed 4th on the bike and entered T2 in 2nd place. T2 just sucked. I opted to put my socks on in T2 instead of T1, which was a bit easier. I left T2 in 3rd place. My run brought the pain as I dropped to a 6:19 pace. The key factor was that I had juice left, but did not want to become injured just 7 days before CapTex. I would like to point out that I ran 7:02 at Lonestar and 6:40 at CB&I; how low will my run continue to drop?

I finished the race 7 seconds behind first place and actually just enjoyed being on the course that day. My family was able to watch me compete, which included: mom, step-dad, dad, step-mom, brother, and 83 year old grandmother. The Team headed over to the casa for a bit of barbecue before heading home.