Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day Eight and Nine

Day Eight

I finally inflated my physio ball. My core immediately began screaming. I felt stronger after only a 40 minute workout.

I joined The Kenyan Way's Beat The Heat program. It is a 12 week program that meets every Monday and Wednesday morning from 6 to 7 am. Mondays consist of hill workouts. Wednesdays consist of: combination of relays, tempo runs, whistles, intervals, and time trials. Both days are topped off with a bit of core work.

My first hill workout was difficult. It reminded me of the Austin Half Marathon, in which I was out of breath after the first hill at mile 2. I can't wait to attack Austin's hills over Memorial Day weekend.

After work, I hit the trainer for a 30 minute interval workout. I spinned for 5 minutes and then worked up my zones at 2 minute intervals. Finally, I spinned it out for the last 5 minutes. This workout was important because my Adamo is KILLING ME!

Day Nine

It was back to Bikram Yoga for a powerful one and half hour session. I took it easy during my stretches, in which to ensure I would not have any additional bruises. This was my best class thus far and I can't wait until my Thursday morning session.

I hit the pool for a nice relaxing 800 yards. This swim was to reinforce my successful race day performance and Twin Lakes loops. I wanted to work on gliding and feeling my body balance in the water without my wetsuit.

Body Fat Report: I was tested again with the handheld machine, and have 5.9% body fat. That is absolutely amazing that I have lost nearly 4% in only nine days. What a piece of crap; back to the calibrator. The meat head saw the numbers and just looked at me. He actually asked if I would classify myself as athletic. I told him I just got off a two month steroid cycle and he should have seen me before!

I headed to the Picnic Loop for my 20 mile cog ride. There was kind of a breeze that day, but overall it was a great ride. I punched out my 20 mph pace while keeping an average of 90 rpm. Then an easy 1.5 mile run at a 10 minute pace. I convinced my Teammate Erich to join me, so we were able to talk during the run. It was fun actually being able to talk with someone on the run.

No comments: