Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Inaugural Post

The time has arrived to log my experiences along with my miles.

This blog will describe my journey, while sharing my training and race techniques.

My journey began last May when I signed up with Team in Training to run the Marine Corps Marathon. I have completed two full marathons and two half marathons. The first was Labor Day and the last was in February. During my training, I have logged 844 miles in 268 days; roughly 3 miles a day.

I ran the Texas Independence Relay, 203.67 miles, with ten other teammates. There were 4 legs for a total of 20 miles, averaging 5 miles a leg. Imagine crossing the Brazos River at 3:30 am and capturing three roadkill.

After the Houston Marathon, it was time to switch endurance events. I once heard a triathlete explain how hard it was to run after biking. I smiled and later signed up, once again, with Team in Training to compete in CapTex Olympic distance triathlon.

I still run 6 days a week, but must find time to bike and swim. The newest challenge pertains to my CORE; unavailing will be soon.

This blog will jump back in time for a bit, but I will keep up to date progress reports.

4 comments:

CoachLiz said...

Welcome to blogger-land Number 2!

I will leave you comments if you are nice and leave me a few on my blog cuz I know you are a lurker.

Can't wait for the unveiling of the CORE!

The Stretch Doc said...

watch out Terry.. Coachliz will kick ur ass if your mean! j/k..

welcome to Blogville

rockon`

TNTcoach Ken said...

Finding time to blog can become an issue also. Welcome back to TNT.

Viv said...

Welcome to the blogsphere.

I will be keeping up with your training ventures. Hopefully, I can learn a few things.